Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coffee making on the go

coultonshaw

Hi everyone, I'm a coffee lover - ideally, a small espresso made from a Nespresso machine.
We use our marco polo (horizon version) for long driving trips rather than camping.
I've seen portable coffee makers that you can plug into the cigarette lighter socket and heat your coffee. I'm also toying with the idea of getting a small generator, to power a small Nespresso-making machine.

Has anyone here faced this life-threatening decision? :)
Does anyone, have any idea of the pros and cons? Tips? Or things you've already bought that work really well?
Thanks in advance

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Aeropress makes a decent coffee as does a dripper but it can't be described as espresso, Flair Machines definitely can produce espresso. Top models are about the same price as a generator though:oops::)

To get the very best out of it you'll need to fork out for a decent hand burr grinder at about the same price again.

Looks like a Moka pot on a gas ring is a good option:Thumbs up:

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
Aeropress does work OK but it's Mokka Pot for me (the luxury of the full-fat MP!) if you are hard-over on a Nespresso machine, there are a number of threads on the German MP Facebook page. All require you to be hooked up to the mains (I think).

PeteS

Handpresso make a coffee machine and you can even get a Mercedes Branded one. They run off of a 12v supply just make sure you get the 12v one as the do a 24v version for Mercedes Trucks.
Trying to run a coffee machine in a camper will be difficult unless you have a big inverter and battery set up. The standard set up will not power up a Nespresso machine. We have an Aeropress hand held unit and it works well but it does not have the convenience of a Nespresso machine. Depending on your campsite you maybe able to plug in a Nespresso machine if you have mains hook up and there is enough current some campsites limit the amount of current at the outlet.

Phil nalton

Phil nalton

VIP Member
Hi everyone, I'm a coffee lover - ideally, a small espresso made from a Nespresso machine.
We use our marco polo (horizon version) for long driving trips rather than camping.
I've seen portable coffee makers that you can plug into the cigarette lighter socket and heat your coffee. I'm also toying with the idea of getting a small generator, to power a small Nespresso-making machine.

Has anyone here faced this life-threatening decision? :)
Does anyone, have any idea of the pros and cons? Tips? Or things you've already bought that work really well?
Thanks in advance
I use a Nespresso essenza mini machine and power it on site with ehu or off grid with an EcoFlow delta 2 linked to my solar…best investment ever for us

coultonshaw

I made the mistake of buying an ecoflow river instead of the delta - didn't check the wattage unfortunately. I guess I'll try to sell it and upgrade to the delta...