Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging my Marco polo aux battery

Jamboree

This past week I went camping with the marco polo
I stayed at 2 different camp sites.

I plugged the marco polo into the campsite power
Everything worked as expected -- like the Fridge ran all night no issues

The next day I drove to the second campsite and on the way (it was only about a 3hr drive) the fridge ran out of power -- The center panel said I didn't have any more power.

So that night (2 nights actually) I plugged in the marco polo into the campsite power and the same thing occurred (when the marco polo was plugged in, all worked fine -- but when I drove away about an hour or two it said I didn't have power).

my question is -- I've read the manual on how to plug in the marco polo, but is there something I'm missing. How do I make sure that when I plug in the marco polo, the batteries get charged.

Thanks

Roy C

It sounds like your leisure battery is not holding charge. There’s nothing special you need to do to make sure the leisure battery is charged so I would take it to a dealer / garage for them to check it

Svib

This past week I went camping with the marco polo
I stayed at 2 different camp sites.

I plugged the marco polo into the campsite power
Everything worked as expected -- like the Fridge ran all night no issues

The next day I drove to the second campsite and on the way (it was only about a 3hr drive) the fridge ran out of power -- The center panel said I didn't have any more power.

So that night (2 nights actually) I plugged in the marco polo into the campsite power and the same thing occurred (when the marco polo was plugged in, all worked fine -- but when I drove away about an hour or two it said I didn't have power).

my question is -- I've read the manual on how to plug in the marco polo, but is there something I'm missing. How do I make sure that when I plug in the marco polo, the batteries get charged.

Thanks
New here….
Reading this thread, a question came up.
Just took delivery of a new 220D and I plugged it to mail power in the garage. Wanted to enjoy the first evenings at home in the garage and a cold beer in the new MP once in a while. But then a friend told me that the main power (inlet) should not be constant plugged in - could cause a fire. Any experience on leaving the power inlet on constantly?
Thank you in advance and looking forward to all the great experiences I see you all get

Roy C

New here….
Reading this thread, a question came up.
Just took delivery of a new 220D and I plugged it to mail power in the garage. Wanted to enjoy the first evenings at home in the garage and a cold beer in the new MP once in a while. But then a friend told me that the main power (inlet) should not be constant plugged in - could cause a fire. Any experience on leaving the power inlet on constantly?
Thank you in advance and looking forward to all the great experiences I see you all get
Does this friend uplug their TV every night for the same reason?

I have a couple of times spent two weeks at a campsite and not moved the van at all and it was constantly plugged in and not once, that I can recall, did my MP spontaneously combust. Now I know there is constant power drain from the activity but I have also left it plugged in for a week whilst I was on holiday and again didn‘t come back to find just a pile of ash in my garage.

Seriously, I would like to think that, unless there’s a major fault, the MP is clever enough to regulate the battery charging to avoid over-cooking the leisure battery in the same way trickle chargers do.

SteveR

Hello and Welcome @Svib
Read @Roy C reply above. Makes total sense to me. I leave my MP on my driveway plugged into the mains while not using it and when on site it is also connected to hookup

Epigram

Hello and Welcome @Svib
Read @Roy C reply above. Makes total sense to me. I leave my MP on my driveway plugged into the mains while not using it and when on site it is also connected to hookup
I do the same as SteveR. One of the main reasons for leisure batteries failing to hold their charge is failing to keep them charged especially in cold weather.
The MP has an “intelligent“ charging system and everything is appropriately fused and protected including an ELCB for the mains input.
For me a bigger risk is driving off while still plugged in (BTDT) therefore I always loop a headtorch over the steering wheel when hooked up.

Tee

Hi. 2 things

first regarding Jamboree’s original post. the battery will only charge when plugged in and the circuit breaker in the right position and bar graph on the centre display pulsing. Also there is a fuse for the charger. I doubt it’s one of these as the battery should charge a bit on driving 3 hours.

second. Regarding Epigram’s torch. Nice to see I’m not the only one - I put an orange webbing strap all over the steering wheel (even though there’s a beeping alarm when you turn the ignition on and are hooked up I think)

T

Radu

Hi
I have bough a marco polo and the leisure battery is missing ( was bought at an auction) can you please tell me of the leisure battery is AGM or normal lead acid? Or if you know the part number code it will be helpfull to find out the battery specs
Many thanks

Van Diesel

Hi
I have bough a marco polo and the leisure battery is missing ( was bought at an auction) can you please tell me of the leisure battery is AGM or normal lead acid? Or if you know the part number code it will be helpfull to find out the battery specs
Many thanks
missing? its an agm battery. The same as the main battery in my van. about 80ah.