Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging Cable for auxiliary battery

BPK

Hi all

After waiting a year I just got delivery of my M P.
It was well worth the wait. I love it.
I'm new to camping so any advice would be appreciated.
I got two questions. What's the security like, do I need a wheel clamp or a tracker.
Does the charging cable, and the kettle come with it, my dealer says they don't come with the van. Kettle maybe but charging cable is a necessity. I've only had the van a day so I will probably have more questions later..
Many thanks in advance , I will now go back to reading the manual

Steve B

Hi and Welcome - you need to buy a charge cable; kettles, kitchen equipment and accessories (there are many!) such as a better front screen blind are down to you. Try the search function if you have a question as most have been asked already.

Assuming its new, you have a tracker built in and the first 3 years of subscription included through mercedes me app. Security is as per a modern vehicle, so should be no issues.

BPK

Thanks for that Steve. The dealer didn't have a clue first he said they were included, then he said they were not, so I thought I had better check on here before I go and buy them. Amazon here I come.

Hi all

I got two questions. What's the security like, do I need a wheel clamp or a tracker.
Does the charging cable, and the kettle come with it, my dealer says they don't come with the van. Kettle maybe but charging cable is a necessity. I've only had the van a day so I will probably have more questions later..
I’d get two levelling blocks. Only about £20. Boxes for the kitchen shelves. We took out the sling in the back and bought a roof box and shove loads of stuff up there freeing space in the boot for cables and out door Dutch oven etc.
it’s a fab motor although I’ve still got issues with the MBUX. It’s all a little over engineered but when it works it’s genius.

M

Marilyn

VIP Member
Hi all

Hi, congratulations on your new MP, we have only had ours a few months & we love it too. I’m afraid to say that you have to buy all accessories for the camper but you can pick up various necessities quite cheaply
Enjoy

J

Jonno

VIP Member
Although the MP has its built in tracker, most insurance companies insist on the latest Thatcham spec , which tbh is a better system. If you MP is worth under £50k then you may be able to get insurance without the additional tracker. Remember , if new to the vehicle , that the aux heater is under the passenger seat on right in mainland Europe ( UK left ) the manual says keep the drivers seat clear on the left in mainland Europe ( UK right ) so as not to overheat the heater. Taken literally you could get in a bit of trouble. Common sense normally prevails. Remember to turn off the cabin motion sensor, when going to bed and locking the vehicle.