Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central Control Panel Not Working

SpeedySue

Hello!
Does anybody out there know why this is happening? I can’t find it in the manual, despite having just downloaded one too. It’s the 2018 Marco Polo.
We cannot access the domestic battery control for cool box / roof etc and this message is stuck showing. The cool box is also on!
Any help appreciated as it’s Sunday, we are going on holiday, and there is no one at Merc who can help.

Attachments

• 13936164-EA23-45E7-8182-5254325B31A6.jpeg
    13936164-EA23-45E7-8182-5254325B31A6.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8

SteveR

Hi and welcome,

That looks a little like the heater settings maybe?
What happens if you turn the dial. Do you get the ‘back’ arrow to take you to the main menu?

SpeedySue

Hi Steve. Many thanks for the response, it’s much appreciated. I too came to the same conclusion re: possible outside temp sensor fault. The interesting and at the same time really frustrating issue is that we can do nothing with the central control panel to access the cooler/ roof/ heating controls. It’s stuck showing what’s in the photo. All other functions are simply not accessible. So far no amount of button pressing has manage to change this. Looks like we will need to find a Merc Dealer to resolve it. Sadly there are not that many of them on the West Coast of Scotland…made somewhat more challenging by the fact that with the fuel shortages we may not even be able to get that far! In the meantime I will keep twiddling! Thanks again for your input

SteveR

....It’s stuck showing what’s in the photo....
Hi Sue,
A shot in the dark but perhaps worth trying...
Turn off the habitation electrics at the main isolator switch - or pull the fuse - then replace or turn back on, as I seem to recall that when I first picked up my MP the fuse was out (in the glovebox!) and I'm fairly sure the central control unit was off until I replaced the fuse. I'm wondering if this might reset or reboot the control unit and *hopefully* give you enough access to the roof etc to at least go on your hols?

SpeedySue

Hi Steve,
Just wanted to let you know the outcome. Dealers identified that the “relay” had failed resulting in the need to replace this and the battery! All under warranty thankfully.
Interestingly by the time we had our appointment the screen had gone blank and all other elements associated with it also failed such as the vanity light in the wardrobe, the usb behind the co-pilot seat etc. Knowing about this may help others in future. Thanks again for your thoughts. Sue