Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying an MP in the midst of WLTP chaos.

Paul Hellawell

Good Service Versus Indifferent Service. It makes all the difference. Big savings can be had with the Caravan Club affinity scheme (Mercedes fleet). But... Immediately after I placed my order for delivery just over two months down the line, it got extended to 5 months. No Autumn camping, then. At the point I placed the order (believing I would get delivery a couple of months later) I was still allowed a few weeks if I needed to make changes to the spec. Great. But later, when there was still more than 3 months to go until the delayed delivery date, and although the van was not yet built, I was no longer able to change the spec. And they still couldn't guarantee me the delivery date of 5 whole months after placing the order!! How does that work? So I cancelled my order and got my deposit back. Almost decided against getting an MP. But it seems there are now a few MP's being released after the WLTP embargo fiasco, and I managed to bag one with a great discount, not too far from the spec I originally wanted! Result! So far (touch wood) Mercedes Grimsby have been great to deal with through the Carwow portal, and instead of late December delivery, I'm now looking at a week or two!