Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bluetooth sound issues

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
when my phone is connected to the living bluetooth system (ie on the power strip with the ignition off) if the volume on the phone is quite low, so as not be be heard outside, the sound system doesn't cope well. The speakers cut out, (the sound is above zero and can be heard) but if the music goes quieter then the speakers "turn off" To be clear, its not very very quiet, but just the sound down. No other bluetooth system ive used struggles like this. This also happens on quiet sections on films when my Mac is connected to it too.. Has anyone else seen this? is it fixable with a firmware update or something - should I raise it with MB ?

Method7

I’m not sure what “living Bluetooth system” is or “on the power strip with the ignition off”

Bluetooth is a wireless interface for connecting any number of devices, in the case of MB this is only active with the ignition on, or at least with the key in the 0 position once the ignition has been on.
Some photos might help.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
thank for the reply. In the habitation side of the vehicle there is a switch on the top of the power strip, that is for bluetooth. This allows me to connect to the sound system, without the screen or the stereo or the key being in the ignition. This has a separate bluetooth identifier than the one for the usual stereo in the van command system

its only when connected here that the low volume seems to not play in quiet parts of songs or films but as the volume increases or if you have it on higher it will play

Attachments

• IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 59

Method7

Ah that will explain my confusion, I have a horizon so we don’t have this feature..

The only thing I can think of is maybe the system amplifies relative to the input signal so if the volume is very low on your phone or laptop then the audio system struggles or even ignores it considering it background noise. Have you tried increasing the volume of your phone to increase the input and reduce the volume on the van to an acceptable level.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
unfortunately there is no volume on that side of the system. The only volume control is on the device that is playing the sound. (phone laptop etc)

when I say low volume, im not talking incredibly quiet.. 15% or so. I may raise it with MB, something maybe not quite right or there maybe some tweaking..

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
it will be interesting to see if anyone else has noticed or has this issue ...

Method7

Out of interest does the sound still come out of all the speakers or just the ones in the rear overhead locker

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
When connected to the habitation side and working properly the sound does come out of all speakers. You don't have any way of setting Balance, but it does seem to be a bit geared towards sound being all round, Using the front speakers in the dash, the doors, the subwoofer and the ones next to the overhead locker. When it fails, it fails for them all. Its not just going quiet either, its almost as though the system turns off, as when it comes back on on a louder part of a track it comes in sharply. Its really strange ! and annoying - I can't imagine its supposed to do that

Steve B

I looked for this function as it is in the manual, but not in my MP. I started a threat on 03 Feb last year in technical called ‘sound system’, others didn’t have this facility installed.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
Thanks, im not sure when they started doing it, its a great feature as it runs off the leisure battery , im sure others will weigh in at some point. In the mean time I will bring it up with MB.

Rayriggs1

Any chance you could provide a closer photo so we can see the exact switch you mean on the habitation panel that you are referring to? Also, could you confirm you are not physically connecting your phone via a cable to say the USB socket? I can then check mine to see if I can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
Definitely not connected to a usb in the van

Attachments

• 1598016D-F090-4A09-8D47-CFE0D36AB064.jpeg
    1598016D-F090-4A09-8D47-CFE0D36AB064.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38

Method7

I wonder when that became a thing? Is it part of the year/command install or simply part of the OEM 2020 model. ?
unless your planning on parking up along the Drove at Stonehenge I definitely think it needs some attention.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
Not sure. But the van is a 2020 (not Mbux) ordered in August delivered in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rayriggs1

Sorry we only have a 2019 model which does not have that Bluetooth switch on the panel. Looks like it was in fact a 2020 MY innovation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomPolo

Threa re-awakening... Did you ever resolve this jimbo73? I am having issues with this BT connection too. Our MP appears to have an aftermarket Jehnert upgrade too and I am not sure of that is causing the issue.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
well they replaced the amplifier. but I still have a very similar issue, I can't get the volume to turn down low... their has to be some way of setting it - ill have to have a deeper look into it

TomPolo

Problem with the Jehnert system remains. Seems like a configuration issue, but the lack of any kind of UI for the system is deeply unhelpful, particularly when you have no idea which device is connected to it sometimes.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
yeah ive not got to the bottom of this, its a real problem on low volume, but works fine with the volume louder. I wonder if there is some sort of setting on the unit, which I believe is under the drivers seat,. I might try and have a look over the winter,