Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blisters on roof, again......

LadyEdiSpencer

Had my MP roof replaced July 2019 and when washing it today noticed they had come back, all over this time. Really frustrated.
Anybody else had the repeat problem?

Attachments

• 8D0ABC71-9238-4FEC-990D-35496CD200B7.jpeg
    8D0ABC71-9238-4FEC-990D-35496CD200B7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Mine was replaced beginning of last year and so far so good, have just washed and nothing right now, looked very similar to yours before it was replaced though!

Last edited:

Method7

Thanks Carol. I’m starting to question whether my roof was actually replaced or just re-sprayed. Andrew.
You might be able to tell from overspray or evidence of masking the roof bar runners and locking fixtures. a closeup inspection would be needed assuming they didn’t remove them otherwise it would be hard to tell without pulling off the seals and stripping back the trim and I guess even then without having something to compare It with you will have no idea what to look for.

I was thinking about adding some distinctive marks to my roof before taking it in for replacement and see what comes back but that seems pointless since if this is happening the process I would use is.

1: vehicle 1. order a new roof remove old roof and replace.
2: vehicle [n] Strip and prepare old roof, remove roof and replace with repaired roof.
3: repeat (2).

If this is happening why are MB not being straight with us, it doesn’t really matter how the fix comes about as long as it is fixed. We can see that whatever they are doing, and that may well be a mix of new and repairs hasn’t been very successful.. I wonder if MB have been wise enough to collect data on this.. probably not because it all seems a little misleading and documentation of such activities could prove damaging to the brand.