Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

BF Goodrich AT KO2's on Projekt Monotube wheels - 225/65R17

Webbah

Thought I'd share my latest evolution. Many have said that mounting BFG's is not possible and I've done it. It's important to note, however, that I have a 2021 300d 4Matic with the AirMatic air suspension option. Now that this is out of the way, here's what works for me:

- Projekt Monotube Konkave AT wheels in size 17. I didn't like the original granite color so I had the color changed to matte silver.
- BFG AT KO2's in size LT225/65R17. These have a load rating of 107.

Why did I want this? I live in the Swiss Alps and experience a lot of snow during winter. Second, I love to surf and am planning some mild offroad excursions this summer throughout the south of France, Spain and Portugal. My mates have 4Motion Cali's with off-road wheels and I wasn't going to be left out and was very determined to make it work. I've been rejected numerous times by shops as they all said it was not possible. I then stumbled across this shop in Germany that is doing pretty much what I wanted:

Note, I did not do this through them, but it confirmed to me that it has to be possible. I then showed this to my tyre shop and he agreed to give it a shot. I mentioned that we might have to use a heat gun to mold the plastic wheel well liners in the front to ensure it doesn't rub at full lock turns. He told me this shouldn't be a problem as they've done it before. Sweet! He also told me I could try them for 2 days and if not happy return and put back on my Cooper WeatherMaster WSC's. What a gent!

We did have to use a heat gun to slightly mold the plastic front wheel liners on the rear side only. I've now driven on them for 4 days and wow! Super happy! YES, these do increase road noise. No, I don't care. It's not that bad and the performance of these tyres in the snow has been stellar! Also can be used all seasons so good stuff.

One small issue is that the speedometer is now 5Km/h "faster" at 100Km/h. This is within tolerance within Switzerland, but my next goal is to do a calibration to correct that. I've found a shop that mounts a small controller to correct the speed signal. If I swap back to OEM wheels I can disconnect this and be good to go.

Enjoy! Happy to answer any questions when time allows. I am rather busy at work though! Cheers

Here's some photos with different angles. Some in lift mode and some at standard ride height with the AirMatic.

Attachments

• IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1571.JPG
    IMG_1571.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1588.JPG
    IMG_1588.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
C

Crispin

VIP Member
Thought I'd share my latest evolution. Many have said that mounting BFG's is not possible and I've done it. It's important to note, however, that I have a 2021 300d 4Matic with the AirMatic air suspension option. Now that this is out of the way, here's what works for me:

- Projekt Monotube Konkave AT wheels in size 17. I didn't like the original granite color so I had the color changed to matte silver.
- BFG AT KO2's in size LT225/65R17. These have a load rating of 107.

Why did I want this? I live in the Swiss Alps and experience a lot of snow during winter. Second, I love to surf and am planning some mild offroad excursions this summer throughout the south of France, Spain and Portugal. My mates have 4Motion Cali's with off-road wheels and I wasn't going to be left out and was very determined to make it work. I've been rejected numerous times by shops as they all said it was not possible. I then stumbled across this shop in Germany that is doing pretty much what I wanted:

Note, I did not do this through them, but it confirmed to me that it has to be possible. I then showed this to my tyre shop and he agreed to give it a shot. I mentioned that we might have to use a heat gun to mold the plastic wheel well liners in the front to ensure it doesn't rub at full lock turns. He told me this shouldn't be a problem as they've done it before. Sweet! He also told me I could try them for 2 days and if not happy return and put back on my Cooper WeatherMaster WSC's. What a gent!

We did have to use a heat gun to slightly mold the plastic front wheel liners on the rear side only. I've now driven on them for 4 days and wow! Super happy! YES, these do increase road noise. No, I don't care. It's not that bad and the performance of these tyres in the snow has been stellar! Also can be used all seasons so good stuff.

One small issue is that the speedometer is now 5Km/h "faster" at 100Km/h. This is within tolerance within Switzerland, but my next goal is to do a calibration to correct that. I've found a shop that mounts a small controller to correct the speed signal. If I swap back to OEM wheels I can disconnect this and be good to go.

Enjoy! Happy to answer any questions when time allows. I am rather busy at work though! Cheers

Here's some photos with different angles. Some in lift mode and some at standard ride height with the AirMatic.
Hi Webbah hope your well... can you please tell me if your (Projekt) wheels are the standard offset for the AMG MP ... Im re looking at your idea of the BFG 225x65x17 on the standard AMG MP rims. (with heat gun)