Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery and power issues

Dalberts

Hi, we have purchased a used MERCEDES-BENZ VIANO CDI 2.2 CDI 2.2 Marco Polo from 2007, and are in the process of finding out all the features of the car. Now we have come to this (see picture below), and have got some problems that we hope to get good advice on in this forum.

1: The numbers in the display are partially gone.
2: The cooling box does not switch on.
3: The heater does not switch on.
4: It does not appear that the consumer battery, which we have found under the driver's seat, is charging. We have left it on charge via the power input on the side of the car overnight, but still do not get a result on the display.

I have two questions before I start changing the battery:
1: Can the problems in points 1, 2 and 3 be due to flat battery?
2: I want to change this whole unit, to get readable numbers in the display again, but I do not know what this is called in either Norwegian, English or German. I'm thinking of looking for a used part. I have previously found such things on e-bay.

display.jpg

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Question1: Problem No 1 is probably not due to flat battery, more likely failure of display due to old age.

Problem 2 & 3 could be due to flat/knackered battery, can you test with a multimeter? perhaps in a 12v socket powered by the consumer battery and live all the time?

If the charger is working the coolbox and heater should operate when connected to 240v as it acts as a power supply. Check the output of the charger when connected to 240v, once again if working it should show on a multimeter in a 12v socket.

Unit is called a Central Control Panel.

Good luck.

Dalberts

Question1: Problem No 1 is probably not due to flat battery, more likely failure of display due to old age.

Problem 2 & 3 could be due to flat/knackered battery, can you test with a multimeter? perhaps in a 12v socket powered by the consumer battery and live all the time?

If the charger is working the coolbox and heater should operate when connected to 240v as it acts as a power supply. Check the output of the charger when connected to 240v, once again if working it should show on a multimeter in a 12v socket.

Unit is called a Central Control Panel.

Good luck.
Thank you for quick reply.
I think we have to get a new battery. I think the one in the car is old.
New question:
Du you know where I find the charger in the car - to find if it is working?

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
You should find it under the coolbox. Push the seat forward to gain access, remove the cover beneath the coolbox.