Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Electrical Heater

Mike S

Has anyone got a link for a manual for the control panel that controls the heater/roof etc ...

Auxiliary heater does not work and before returning to dealer want to try resetting via control panel.

GeorgeG

Has anyone got a link for a manual for the control panel that controls the heater/roof etc ...

Auxiliary heater does not work and before returning to dealer want to try resetting via control panel.

Firstly, both aux heaters work on diesel and are only electrical in that they need an electric feed to fire up the burner and run the fan.
Secondly, to work the aux hot air heater, see my reply to your post on ‘cabin temperature sensor’
Thirdly, there is no manual for the central control panel. Instructions for its operation are found on pages 44 to 52 of the Marco Polo supplementary handbook which is separate to the main V-Class handbook. Maybe the MP handbook is missing from your vehicle. Knowing what some of the dealers are like, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Mike S

Firstly, both aux heaters work on diesel and are only electrical in that they need an electric feed to fire up the burner and run the fan.
Secondly, to work the aux hot air heater, see my reply to your post on ‘cabin temperature sensor’
Thirdly, there is no manual for the central control panel. Instructions for its operation are found on pages 44 to 52 of the Marco Polo supplementary handbook which is separate to the main V-Class handbook. Maybe the MP handbook is missing from your vehicle. Knowing what some of the dealers are like, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Thanks George, it’s not the diesel heater, just the standard electric heater and yes the manual is missing. Seems not just me who find Merc dealers pretty poor.

GeorgeG

Thanks George, it’s not the diesel heater, just the standard electric heater and yes the manual is missing. Seems not just me who find Merc dealers pretty poor.

I’ve never understood what the aux electric heater is. Nobody has come up with an explanation of what it is or how it works. Very mysterious.

Israel

I’ve never understood what the aux electric heater is. Nobody has come up with an explanation of what it is or how it works. Very mysterious.
All modern cars have it and it has nothing to do with diesel heater.
It's an electric resistance that warm up the air that comes from the motor into the car until the motor got enough temperature to do it by itself. If you remember, in old cars you needed to wait few minutes on winter before the warm air started to flow in. With new cars we do not have to wait.anymore. the resistance does the trick until the motor can do the task.
Hope this help :)

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk