Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

230v without hookup

Please can an owner confirm if the 230v works without hookup?

I am 99.99% sure it doesn’t but the dealer has reassured me it does:

“It definitely works without the hookup too. Shall we try it later?”

Unfortunately we weren’t able to try it as it’s an EU socket of course.

I’m just hoping to be able to plug in a laptop etc without having a hookup

Roy C

According to the Mercedes Guide app the 230v circuit only works once the external 230v hook up is connected and the circuit breaker is on. Charging your laptop may be possible from the 12v supply depending on what your laptop needs to charge but there are converters for 12v socket to usb-c if you have a Macbook, for example.

According to the Mercedes Guide app the 230v circuit only works once the external 230v hook up is connected and the circuit breaker is on. Charging your laptop may be possible from the 12v supply depending on what your laptop needs to charge but there are converters for 12v socket to usb-c if you have a Macbook, for example.

Thanks Roy, that was my understanding as well from the manual but I wanted it confirming 100% from an owner

Sorry laptop was probably a poor example, But actually thinking about it there probably aren’t many things that I would need the 230v for while away for work, except maybe a kettle so I don’t have to wait for a gas one to boil

I’ll just be more miffed if I was told it worked and it doesn’t!!

DonnyMac

You wouldn't want to use a standard kettle even if the socket did work off hook up (which I'm sure it doesn't - no inverter) - too much draw, same as a heater or hair dryer.

One option to charge whilst on the move is a plug inverter with a 12v socket, don't use it without the engine on though as it'll drain which ever battery it's taking the draw from.

Oh no I realise that, I haven’t looked into low wattage travel kettles or anything yet but I assume one of those won’t overload the circuit

Bad experiences with inverters in the past but maybe they have improved!

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard some good things about the pure sine wave inverter although they tent to be more expensive that the others - they run more sensitive equipment. But you get what you pay for I suppose :Thumbs up: