Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1st Service Time- Any Recommended MB Dealers In The NW (UK)?

WILLH

It’s that dreaded time when I’ve got to entrust my pride and joy to a MB dealer for its first service.Ive read a few horror stories on here and the facebook site about owners experiences with the MB network in general and was just wondering if anyone has had a GOOD service experience with a dealer in the Northwest.I keep my van absolutely pristine - it’s still cleaner now than the day I collected it 2 years ago and my OCD will not cope with any mistreatment!!As well as the first service I have the bed and emissions recalls to be done too.Luckily my van currently has no roof blisters(yet!) so thankfully the roof doesn’t need any rectification.

Rayriggs1

We bought our 19 plate MP from the new Sytner dealership in Carlisle. Who were truly excellent throughout. Not had first service yet but based on experience to date through purchase process & subsequently on several queries, I certainly will have no hesitation when taking it back for servicing when due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFT

One of the Mercedes owners clubs gives a 15% discount for members at certain dealers - well worth the £35 subscription.

WILLH

Update:

What a rigmarole sorting out the 1st service for my MP!

I firstly approached my local MB dealer(who historically are useless to be fair),and after 2 days finally came back to me with a price of £650 for what is essentially an oil and filter change,brake fluid and air filter!Next I approached my supplying dealer who were unsure if they could service it at all,which is remarkable considering that a)they supplied it to me brand new in the first place and b)they have an identical one currently in their showroom.I placed numerous calls and left messages but one week on they are yet to get back to me.My local MB commercial dealer refused point blank to service it and just referred me back to my main dealer.

In the end I contacted MB Whitefield who my family have dealt with previously and the lady there was much more helpful.In the end I went for a service package of 2 services,one now and one in 2 years time which is a larger scope service.The total cost of both services is £800 plus vat (£960 total),which covers my servicing until the vehicle is 6 years old at which time my trusted local independent will do it for me.The price of my servicing is fixed and payable by direct debit interest free over the next 18 months.I didn’t think that was too bad under the circumstances.

Drichens

It’s that dreaded time when I’ve got to entrust my pride and joy to a MB dealer for its first service.Ive read a few horror stories on here and the facebook site about owners experiences with the MB network in general and was just wondering if anyone has had a GOOD service experience with a dealer in the Northwest.I keep my van absolutely pristine - it’s still cleaner now than the day I collected it 2 years ago and my OCD will not cope with any mistreatment!!As well as the first service I have the bed and emissions recalls to be done too.Luckily my van currently has no roof blisters(yet!) so thankfully the roof doesn’t need any rectification.
I bought our MP from Sytner Mercedes, Carlisle. They have been excellent so far, I have no problem recommending them. They are currently replacing the roof after the general recall over blisters, even though we had no evidence in our van.

askho

I bought our MP from Sytner Mercedes, Carlisle. They have been excellent so far, I have no problem recommending them. They are currently replacing the roof after the general recall over blisters, even though we had no evidence in our van.
I don't think there has ever been a general recall over blisters. The safety recall was over the mattress and corroding frame.

Reactions: Ian

Drichens

I don't think there has ever been a general recall over blisters. The safety recall was over the mattress and corroding frame.
Possibly not but all I can say is that Sytner Carlisle contacted me, unheralded, and asked to take the car in for a roof change even though Inhad not noticed anything wrong with the car...